Tuesday 4 August 2009

Semester 2

Wow.. Suddenly realised my blog has been sitting here growing moss for so long already. Thought I might update a bit and giving ppl who care an update of my life.

Second semester just started, and this is going to be one of my more hectic semesters. This is due to the fact that I'm overloading, in order to finish my course by 2011. If not I will have to do another semester, which means more money (living expenses + food + ... you get the idea).

This semester I'm doing CITS3200, CITS2231, MATE1412, CHPR2432, and GENG2140.

CITS3200 is Professional Computing, which is kinda like IPE in the sense that we have to program something to be presented to a client, instead of just doing research. This is going to suck, as the project is worth 75% and it is liek a semester-long project.

CITS2231 is Graphics, which I haven't done much for it yet. I only know I have to program in C, which is among one of my most hated programming language, and I have to use OpenGL, which I have no prior knowledge of. But hopefully it won't get out of hand.

MATE1412 is Materials Engineering 1, which shouldn't be too hard, as most of the stuff I already learnt in Manufacturing. But I hate memorizing stuff. Hopefully I get through it ok.

CHPR2432 is Heat and Mass Transfer. This is so damn hard for me. Three lectures in a week and a tutorial to boot, and the lectures ain't easy as well. The lecturer just skimmed through the equations before I even know what it means. Maybe because this is supposed to be a Chemical Process unit, and the other students already know how to do them, but since I am doing this as an optional unit, it's pretty hard for me.

GENG2140 is Computer Analysis for Engineer (or something like this), which is pretty much a joke. Right now I attended two lectures only out of 7, and those two are freaking useless. The assignments ain't a pushover though. But due to "help" from previous year students, I should be able to get through fine. :P

This sem is going to be a bitch. :'(

FML

3 comments:

Junien said...

Heat and Mass Transfer unit... my unit... haha!

Freddy金榮 said...

you do heat and mass transfer? It makes little sense to me.. Since i'm not exactly a chem eng. lOL! don't get boundary layers and shit like that. Damn gg.

Anonymous said...

Bravo, brilliant phrase and is duly