Tuesday 20 November 2007

Second Semester

Semester two of my first year in university has just ended. Though it is reasonably and undoubtedly more stressful and the workload is a lot more compared to last semester, it is still quite an experience.

Most of my time in university this semester is spent doing revisions and revisions and revisions as from last semester, I realize that I didn't prepare enough. Come on guys, don't pull a gun and point it towards me! Seriously.. Last semester I will never forget the last two weeks. I am literally eat, sleep and think studies man! That is hell stressful!

Nevertheless, C programming and IPE are easily the hardest unit this semester. C programming is considered a wack job as there are two projects and our lecturer gives blurry explanation. Though some other people who have more experienced in programming might see sense in what he says, I, for one, don't. IPE, on the other hand, is just a failure. The large assignment is so time-consuming that during the last two weeks, we literally gave up on everything else and work on this project alone. That is just not right.

Maths is easy compared to last semester I think. Don't say it is not so guys. On the other hand, E & E is just moderate, and we spend most of the time commenting on Lionel's fetish towards JH! HAHAA!!

Enough of the academic part of this semester. Let's talk about social life.

WFC is flourishing ever steadily, and right now, they are all getting into WOW. Through WFC I get to know more people, such as Kwan, Jasmine, Danica, Saygoe, Simon, Eugene, and many more. Of course, I get to know TTMFH better, but I keep a distance from them as they, according to rumour, can turn straight people into gay(Dom), and normal to abnormal(Dom again)! JKING!!

This semester has its ups and downs for me. Ups include getting to know more people, NSESG(Not-So-Elite Study Group) meetings at Nut's house, group studying in Uni, parties(of course), and just get to know each other better. Downs: IPE(top of the list! Hate it!), C programming(hate doing the second project, as we are forced to stay till late in order to get more things done), the flies in summer, headaches which are getting annoying, money problem(:P), and many others.

Well, like what Forrest Gump says, life is like a box of chocolate, you never know what you get. Likewise, we have to live life to its fullest and accept what is offered, and make the most of it. I tried but I know I still have room for improvement. I will be delighted if anyone gives me any advice on how to change, as friends are like mirrors in which we see our weaknesses.

Hope next year will be a better year, but as many of us are going to pursue different areas of engineering or expertises, it will be harder to get in touch. Hope that will now happen!

See ya round!

2 comments:

JJ said...

WOW= world of warcraft ???
lol..wooo so fast wan end ur 2nd sem liao...gd gd gd

Freddy金榮 said...

ýa... world of warcraft...
20 people gotten polluted! HAHA!!