Monday 10 September 2007

Quotes

I like these two quotes.. It teaches me to be more humble in everything I do and not be proud. Even Isaac Newton is being so modest so as not to brag about his doings.


-If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

-Isaac Newton

-I do not know what I may appear to the world; but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me.

-Isaac Newton

6 comments:

sourlemong said...

is isaac newton the guy who had an apple fall on his head? and he devised newton rhapson method righttt :S

Freddy金榮 said...

LOL.. you study cal too much! scratch that.. since when you study? HAHA!! JKJK

JJ said...

the 1st one izzit something like登泰山而小天下?

DevilSaphire AKA tonyhawk8802 said...

www.brainyquotes.com

Sometimes I do wonder what college would have been like. But I made my decision.

-Kobe Bryant

I'm not out there sweating for three hours every day just to find out what it feels like to sweat.

-Michael Jordan

i like dis 2 quotes...

Junien said...

高中毕业生会觉得自己什么都懂
学士生会觉得自己懂很多
硕士生会觉得自己懂很少
博士生会觉得自己什么都不懂
--Quote from... a magazine
所以,所有的博士都是doctor of Philosophy...
哲学,是没有答案的
学问,是没有尽头的
庄子云:“吾生也有涯,而知也无涯。以有涯逐无涯,殆矣。”
他不是要我们放弃学问,而是要我们实践所学。最主要的,还是道德和良知。

Freddy金榮 said...

walau.. fu long one more 'chim'!! HAHA!!